Time Capsule

We have received a new brief following the finishing of the Packaging Yourself Project. The brief entails creating a Time Capsule. To enable me to do so I have to create my own box out of card in which I will need to create 1 A3 poster, portraying the style of a specific designer/artist or design/art movement of my choice. I also have to create a gatefold leaflet with a timeline of any important times in history. I also have to write an essay in which I will use postcards instead of using figure images. Finally I have to create a repeating pattern which i will print on brown paper and this will wrap the box with a piece of string.

Personally I think that this project is very exciting as it gives me a chance to look at a specific time from the past and adapt my personal skills and abilities to mimic a certain style. I think this will help me realise older styles and to incorporate them within newer techniques. Also I think it is good to create a hard copy as this can be lost with modern design as it is all done digitally. I am looking forward to this project to start.

No comments: