Market Research

I have started my market research by looking at a selection of cereals by one of the most famous cereal producers, Kellogg's.
Firstly I looked at the American cereal Froot Loops, which is a sort of fruity version of cheerios. The target audience for the majority of these cereals are children this is why they are using bright colours and engaging characters to give the impact on shelves. I will use such techniques in my cereal designs to help draw attention to my cereal apposed to others.

The kelloggs branding is very well thought out and evident throughout the products, they clearly have the same layout of the logo and the line behind which follows along to the nutritional information. It is also evident that all of the packaging has the actual cereal itself on the front, except frosties. This is there to secure the fact that it is cereal and to give the customer an idea of which type if the packaging doesnt do so. For example if the customer was after a healthy cereal they probably wouldnt be looking for colourful sugar coated froot loops. I will look at other packaging to determine which genre of packaging I will produce for my final piece.

No comments: